Top-Tier Endpoint Security for Atlanta & Charlotte Corporations
What is endpoint security? Do you need it? Discover the surprising answers and learn how to boost your IT security to prevent all types of cyberattacks.
Why Endpoint Protection Is Essential
Endpoint protection is a vital tool that enables your IT tech experts to stop cybercriminals from using mobile devices to hack into your network. It doesn’t take the place of anti-virus/anti-malware programs and firewalls but it does offer needed, additional protection that ensures remote workers, contractors, and in-house employees with company-issued or personally owned mobile devices can’t inadvertently compromise your IT security.
What does endpoint security protect you from? Consider the following scenarios:
- One of your employees leaves his/her phone at a local restaurant by mistake. It’s stolen and a hacker uses it to gain access to your network because your employee, who regularly used the phone to access your network, has the log-in information and password stored on the device.
- You give IT network access to a third-party contractor who is doing some work for you. The contractor later clicks on a malicious pop-up and malware is downloaded onto his or her phone. The hidden malware accesses the connection and gains access to your data, which is then put up for sale on the dark web.
- A remote worker uses an open connection at a local library to do some work for you. Cybercriminals are able to gain access to file moving to and from your cloud via the open connection. The compromised files are later used to create fraudulent emails tricking an employee into sending a large sum of money from your business account to a hacker’s bank account.
These scenarios have actually happened to companies throughout the world. The good news is, they don’t have to happen to your business. With endpoint security, you can protect your data from any malicious third party that would want to get its hands on it.
How Endpoint Protection Works
Endpoint protection uses the following tools and strategies to protect your system from remote attacks:
- Intrusion detection and response. While anti-virus/anti-malware programs detect malware such as worms, trojans, and viruses, they can’t protect your device from all forms of intrusion. Endpoint protection goes one step further, identifying any suspicious network access and responding in an appropriate manner to it. In some cases, this may involve asking the device that is trying to access the network to provide additional information. In other instances, a device may be automatically shut out of the network if the device is not adhering to company policies regarding network and data access.
- File encryption. With top-tier file encryption, your data is safe not only on your cloud or in-house server but also as it is moved to and from the cloud. Any attempts at accessing it are useless because a hacker would not be able to decrypt the data to misuse it.
- Remote network access configurations. Make it easy for your staff members to keep your business safe by only providing them with the network access they actually need to do their jobs. For instance, those who do not need to use your network outside the office should not be able to access your network on a mobile device after leaving the building. Remote workers should be required to use a secure connection rather than any connection they happen on to access your cloud server. Furthermore, each employee should only have limited access to business data so that the loss of a single device or password does not expose every personal record you have in your possession.
Are you looking for endpoint protection and other IT managed services to keep your business running safely, smoothly, and efficiently at all times? If so, 360 Smart Network has the tools and experts you need to move your business into the future. Our team has nearly twenty years of experience working with industries throughout the Atlanta & Charlotte metro areas, and we look forward to meeting your IT needs at a cost you can afford. Get in touch with us to learn more about our services or to make an appointment with our team of IT technicians.
Before A Critical Technology Event Occurs....
Make A Smart IT Decision With A Strategic Technology Partnership With 360 Smart Networks.
Meet Our CEO Marius Nel
NOT READY TO MAKE A DECISION YET?
Check out 360's Tech Insights.