Cybersecurity and IT resolutions for small and medium businesses in 2019
It is that time of year again for us all to reflect on 2018 and think about how we can do better in 2019. This year we thought it may be helpful to give you some specific 2019 cybersecurity and IT resolutions for your business.
1. I will give multiple monitors to every one of my employees. According to the New York Times, having a dual monitor setup can increase employee productivity by up to 30 percent. It cuts down on application switching, printer usage and a host of other small annoyances.
2. I will get a SSD (solid state hard drive) for each employee. We used to have to get up and go have coffee on restarts, not anymore 20-30 seconds and you are back up and running.
3. I will provide cybersecurity training for all my employees. One of the most important (and cost-effective) security systems is between your employees’ ears. We can only do so much with software and policies. At the end of the day, you need a slightly paranoid and aware workforce to sniff out inconsistencies and pay attention.
4. I will develop a five year IT plan. Having an idea of where you are and where you are going is vital. You have become proactive in planning.
5. I will develop an actual IT budget.
6. I will develop and enforce my IT security policies.
Let’s leave it at that. Six is enough to start working on. We promise you won’t regret adopting these new goals and habits.
Need a little help? We would be happy to discuss your IT plan.